Current Size: 100%
Special Package for Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC), Assam
- The Bodoland Territorial Council comprises the districts of Kokrajhar, Baska, Udalguri and Chirang — carved out of eight existing districts — Dhubri, Kokrajhar, Bongaigaon, Barpeta, Nalbari, Kamrup, Darrang and Sonitpur — an area of 27,100 km² (35% of Assam). The BTC is created under the Sixth Schedule of the Constitution of India.
- BTC Package of Rs. 500.00 crore - The Bololand Territorial Council (BTC) Accord was signed among the Government of India, Assam Government and Bodo Liberation Tigers (BLT) on 10.02.2003. It covers Kokrajhar, Chirang, Baska and Udalguri districts of Assam which is the territorial jurisdiction of the Bodoland Territorial Council. As per the Accord, the Government of India agreed to provide financial assistance of Rs. 100.00 crore per annum for 5 years to develop the socio – economic infrastructure in BTC area. Ministry of DONER is the administrative Ministry for the BTC Special Package.
Status as on 31.01.2013 (of Rs.500 crore package)
- Projects approved 42
- Total approved cost Rs.476.27 crore
- Total released Rs.457.10 crore
- UC submitted Rs.414.84 crore
- Additional BTC Package of Rs. 250.00 crore - Hon’ble Prime Minister during his visit to Assam in 2008 announced a Rs. 250.00 crore ‘Additional BTC Package’ for projects in BTC areas.
Status as on 31.01.2013(of Rs.250 crore package)
- Projects retained 22 (Rs.275.62 crore)
- Projects approved 18
- Total approved cost Rs.235.12 crore
- Total released Rs.235.12 crore
- Firmed cost of the remaining 9 projects along with recommendations of State Level Standing Committee (SLSC) is awaited from Government of Assam.
- Memorandum of Settlement(3.18 MB)
Page Maintained By:NLCPR, Director