Current Size: 100%
North East Rural Livelihood Project
The objective of the North East Rural Livelihood Project (NERLP) is “To improve rural livelihoods especially that of women, unemployed youth and the most disadvantaged, in four North Eastern States”. The proposed project has four major components:
- Social empowerment;
- Economic empowerment;
- Partnership development & management and
- Project management.
The specific project objectives of NERLP are to:
- Create sustainable community institutions around women Self-Help Groups (SHGs), youth groups of men and women (YG) and Community Development Groups (CDG).
- Build capacity of community institutions for self governance, bottom up planning, democratic functioning with transparency and accountability.
- Increase economic and livelihood opportunities by
- Develop partnership of community institutions for natural resource management, microfinance, market linkages, and sectoral economic services.
|Mizoram||Aizawl||Phullen, Aibawk, Darlawn, Thingsulthliah, Tlangnuam|
|Lunglei||Lungsen, Bunghmun, Lunglei, Hnahthial|
|Nagaland||Peren||Tenning, Peren, Jalukie|
|Tuensang||Longkhim, Chare, Noksen, Sangsangyu, Shamator, Chessore, Noklak, Thonoknyu|
|Sikkim||South||Namchi, Jorethang, Namthang, Ravongla, Yangang, Temi- Tarku, Sumbuk, Sikkip|
|West||Gyalshing, Soreng, Yuksom, Dentam, Kaluk, Daramdin|
|15 poorest Panchayat wards of East district||Ben, Thasa, Upper Lingtam, Dhanbari, Lower Samlik, Mamring (Amba Mamring Gumpa), Premlakha, Singaneybas, Lower Tarpin, Dokchin, East Machong, Namrang (Tumin Karma Choling Gumpa), Simik (Simik Daduling Gumpa), Kutitar, Namin|
|Tripura||West||Khatalia, Melaghar, Boxanagar, Bishalgarh, Jampuijala, Dukli, Hezamara, Mohanpur, Jirania, Mandwai, Mungiakami, Teliamura, Kalyanpur, Khowai, Tulashikhar, Padmabill|
|North||Kumarghat, Gaurnagar, Kadamtala, Panisagar, Dhamchhara, Pecharthal, Dasda, Jampuihill|
Duration – Five Years
M/o DONER proposes to implement the North East Rural Livelihood Project soft loan assistance from the World Bank. The total estimated cost of the project is Rs. 683.2 crores ($ 144.4 million). The Bank will contribute Rs. 614.8 crores ($ 130 million) (90%) as IDA soft loan and Ministry of DONER will contribute Rs. 68.4 crores ($ 14.4 million) (10%) from its budget allocation.
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) in its meeting dated 16.11.2011 has approved the CCEA Note for implementation of NER Livelihood Project.
- Board of Executive Directors of the International Development Association (IDA) have approved on December 20, 2011, a credit of US$ 130 million for NERLP.
- Financial agreement has been signed between World Bank and Govt. of India on 20.01.2012.
NERLP is going to be implemented by Ministry of DONER which is the Executive Agency as the Central Sector Project. For effective implementation of the project, a North East Livelihood Promotion Society (NELPS) has been constituted and registered at Guwahati in May 2009. Secretary, North Eastern Council is the ex officio Chairperson of the Society. The Society has already started functioning from the month of December 2009, under the supervision of the Project Director.