Current Size: 100%
Allocation of Business Rules
As per the Government of India (Allocation of Business) Rules, 1961, the Second Schedule (Rule 3) subjects allotted to the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (Uttar Poorvi Kshetra Vikas Mantralaya) are as follows:
- Matters relating to the planning, execution and monitoring of developmental schemes and projects of North Eastern Region including those in the sectors of Power, Irrigation, Roads and Communications.
- Hill Area Development Programmed in North Eastern Region.
- Non-lapsable Fund for the North Eastern Region.
- North Eastern Council.
- North Eastern Development Finance Corporation Ltd. (NEDFI).
- North Eastern Regional Agricultural Marketing Corporation Limited (NERAMAC).
- The Sikkim Mining Corporation Limited.
- North Eastern Handloom and Handicrafts Development Corporation (NEHHDC), Shillong.
- Road works financed in whole or in part by the Central Government in the North Eastern Region.
Planning of Road and Inland Waterways Transport in the North Eastern Region.
Note: While the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region would coordinate with various Ministries/Departments primarily concerned with development and welfare activities in North Eastern Region, respective Ministries/Departments would be responsible in respect of subjects allocated to them.