Current Size: 100%
Ministries exempted from spending
10% of their Annual Budget in the NER
The criteria followed for exemption of a Ministry / Department are:
- Highly scientific Ministries / Departments with hardly any scope for work in the North East.
- The Ministries / Departments having no direct involvement in the North East and Sikkim such as the erstwhile Department of Ocean Development;
- The Ministries in which case the expenditure in the North East and Sikkim was ‘Nil’ during the last three years; and.
- The Ministries / Departments whose Gross Budgetary Support is less than Rs. 10 crores.
The Departments / Ministries Exempted from making for the North Eastern Region in the Budget Estimates (BE 2010-11) are:
- Atomic Energy
- Company Affairs
- Economic Affairs
- External Affairs
- Legal Affairs
- Earth Sciences
- Official Language
- Personnel & Training
- Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Social Justice& Empowerment*
- Science & Technology
- Scientific & Industrial Research
* Only 2% of the funds for Scheduled Castes Division (SCD) are allocated to NER. The norm of 10% allocation is applied to sectors other than SCD.