Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region
MINISTRY OF DEVELOPMENT OF NORTH EASTERN REGION (UTTAR POORVI KSHETRA VIKAS MANTRALAYA)
- Matters relating to the planning, execution and monitoring of developmental schemes and projects of North Eastern Region including those in the sectors of Power, Irrigation, Roads and Communications.
- Hill Area Development Programme in North Eastern Region.
- Non-lapsable Fund for the North Eastern Region.
- North Eastern Council.
- North East Development Finance Institution (NEDFI).
- North Eastern Regional Agricultural Marketing Corporation Limited (NERAMAC).
- The Sikkim Mining Corporation Limited.
- North Eastern Handloom and Handicrafts Development Corporation (NEHHDC), Shillong.
- Road works financed in whole or in part by the Central Government in the North Eastern Region.
- Planning of Road and Inland Waterways Transport in the North Eastern Region.
Note: While the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region would coordinate with various Ministries/Departments primarily concerned with development and welfare activities in North Eastern Region, respective Ministries/Departments would be responsible in respect of subjects allocated to them.