This ministry does not intend to collect personal information, like names or addresses. If any viewer of website desires to provide the same, it would only be used in reply requested information.
We do prefer to analyse technical information about viewer which is being collected automatically at the server end and it never identifies viewer’s identity. The following technical information is being collected:
- The Internet domain of viewer’s internet service provider (e.g. mtnl.net.in) and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which website is accessed.
- The type of browser (such as Firefox, Netscape, or Internet Explorer) and operating system (Windows, Linux) of viewer’s machine.
- The date and time of visit.
- The URL address of pages accessed by viewer.
- The URL address of referring website is being recorded if this website is referred from another website.
The above said information is being used by the ministry for the purpose of value addition and to make the site more useful. Ministry never tracks information about individuals.
When some other websites are visited, that websites may download small pieces of software on the computer / browsing device which are known as cookies. Some cookies collect personal information to recognize the computer in future. The website only uses non-persistent cookies or “per- session cookies”.
The Per-session cookies are used to serve technical purposes, like providing seamless navigation through this website. These cookies do not collect personal information of users and they are deleted as soon as you leave the Ministry’s website. The cookies do not permanently record data and they are not stored on the user’s / viewer’s computer hard drive. The cookies are stored in volatile memory and are only available during an active browsing session. Finally, the cookies disappear once the internet browser window is closed.
If you submit personal information
Ministry does not collect personal information of viewers for any purpose other than to respond their queries (for example, to respond questions received through feedback or provide subscriptions they have chosen). If a viewer desires to provide personal information and submit it to the ministry through email, the same will be used in responding to the queries of the viewer. The ministry only shares the information supplied by the user / viewer with another Government agency if your question relates to that Government agency, or as otherwise, required by law.
This website never collects information or creates individual profiles for commercial marketing. While viewer provides an e-mail address to the website for a localised response to any incoming questions or comments, Ministry recommends to NOT to include any other personal information.
- The Web administrator of this website deploys some commercial software programs to monitor network traffic, to identify unauthorized attempts, to upload or change information and to prevent damage to ensure that the service remains available to all users.
- No other attempts are being made to identify individual users or their usage habits except for authorized law enforcement investigations. Raw data logs are not used for any other purposes and are scheduled for deletion at defined regular period.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change any information on this website are strictly prohibited and are punishable under the Indian IT Act, 2008.
II.Hyper Linking Policy
There are many hyperlinks in this website which links to other websites/portals at many places. These links have been placed for the convenience of website viewer. Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region, Government of India is not responsible for the contents and reliability of the linked websites (outside this website) and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed in them. Mere presence of the link or its listing on this website should not be assumed as endorsement of any kind. This ministry does not have control over availability of linked pages outside this website and the onus to ensure proper working of those hyperlinks is with respective ministry / department / state government, etc.
Ministry does not have any objection for providing links to this website (http://mdoner.gov.in) from any other website/portal and no prior permission is required for this purpose. However, Ministry would appreciate if intimation is sent in this regard. The page of ministry’s website must get loaded into a newly opened browser window at viewer’s end.
III.Content Contribution, Approval Policy (CAP)
In order to ensure this policy, this website provides a role based Content Management system (CMS). The CMS helps the website team to grant / specify role based access to administrator panel of different users. The Web administrator will also be able to manage information specifically meant for internal use, which will be viewable to all members after the successful login. Admin can create the users by assigning a particular role and Module to which functions of a particular user are limited. These roles are:
Creator: These users are Content creators. Their responsibilities are to add/edit/delete the respective content on the website and send it for approval.
Publisher: A publisher could Edit and review the content. He is responsible for publishing the content in this website and also he can work as a moderator.
These persons would be appointed by the Web Administrator and would be responsible for overall quality and quantity of information on the Website. The Web Administrator is also responsible for overall supervision to ensure that authentic and updated information are available on the website.
The CAP policy ensures the following activities on the website:
- All information about the departments which are useful for the citizen and other stakeholders, are present in the Silo-I – “About Us” section and mechanism is in place to keep the information up to date.
- The validity of the Silo-II - Scheme has been mentioned.
- Mechanism is in place to ensure that all the Citizen Services, Forms, Documents and Schemes are registered with the respective repositories of the National Portal.
Note: Web information Manager should register all the relevant documents with National Portal and is advised to visit National Portal www.india.gov.in for the same.
- Website is free from offensive/discriminatory language.
- Content is compiled and packaged with citizen orientation.
- Clear and simple language has been used throughout the website.
- The effort has been made to make the language of this website free from spelling and grammatical errors. However, this ministry sincerely apologize for unnoticed mistakes.
- Documents / pages in English/Hindi languages are being updated simultaneously. However there is a possibility of minor delay due to priority activities of the ministry.
- All information, which is of direct importance to the citizen, is accessible from the homepage.
- Text is readable both in electronic and print format and the page is printed correctly on an A4 size paper.
- There is adequate contrast between text and background color.
- Alternate text is provided for non-text elements (e.g. images).
- Web pages do not contain any content that flashes for more than three times in a second.
- Website ranks in the first five results on major search engines when searched with relevant keywords.
IV.Web Content Review Policy
It is very much necessary to take all possible efforts to ensure that the content on the Website is latest and up-to-date. This Content Review Policy defines the roles and responsibilities of the website content review and the manner in which it needs to be carried out. Review Policies are defined for the diverse content elements.
The Review Policy is based on different type of content elements like its validity and relevance as well as the archival policy.
The entire website content is scheduled for review for syntax errors every quarter by the website administrator and team.
V.Content Archival Policy
Content Archival Mechanism is in place to ensure that all outdated content are removed from this website or moved to archive section. It helps web administrator and the assigned Division Personnel to ensure that the expired contents are removed. The archival system available on the Website, transfers the expired content in archive section as soon as it reaches expiry date. Archived Content is available with search option to search data between two given dates and Keyword.
Note: It is the responsibility of Web Manager to put the expiry date while contributing the content wherever applicable.
The content components are created with metadata, source and validity date. Validity of some of the components may not be known at the time of creation. Such content is treated as perpetual and the validity date will be ten years from the date of creation. The content shall not be displayed on the website after the validity date.
Some of the short lived content components like tenders, recruitment, draft for discussion etc., which will not have any relevance on the website after the event or intended purpose. The content components like documents, reports, what’s new are to be regularly reviewed as per the Content Review Policy.
The content is to be reviewed at least two weeks prior to the validity date and if required revalidate the content and modify the validity date. If content is not relevant, then the content is archived and no longer published on the website.
VI.Website Security Policy
Website requires security clearance certificate before hosting at the Data Center. The newly developed M/o DoNER website has been audited by Cert-in empanelled auditor and all the vulnerabilities have been fixed till November, 2011. Upon completion, the security clearance certificate has been received from cert-in empanelled auditor.
Note: A periodic check on the requirement of security certificate is recommended to the web information manager in case there are changes in the functionality or any other environmental change.
VII.Website Monitoring Policy
M/o DoNER has a Website Monitoring Policy in place and the website is monitored periodically to address and fix the quality and compatibility issues around the following parameters:
- Performance: Site download time is optimized for a variety of network connections as well as devices. All important pages of the website are tested for this.
- Functionality: All modules of the website are tested for their functionality. The interactive components of the site such as, feedback forms are working smoothly.
- Broken Links: The website is thoroughly reviewed to rule out the presence of any broken links or errors.
- Traffic Analysis: The site traffic is regularly monitored to analyze the usage patterns as well as viewers’ profile and preferences.
- Feedback: Feedback from the viewers is the best way to judge a website’s performance and make necessary improvements. A proper mechanism for feedback is in place to carry out the changes and enhancements as suggested by the viewers.
The presence of website on the Internet and very importantly the functioning of website all the times, it is expected that the Government should deliver information and services all the time. Hence, all efforts are made by the Website Administrator of this ministry to minimize the downtime of the M/o DoNER website as far as possible.
In case of any defacement and data corruption, quick action will be taken by the respective authorized personnel.
Website Policies Document (Size: 504 KB)